Greengates Automatic School of Motoring  -

thanks for all recent posts and well done to the the 4 that past in june
welcome nafis
may thanks
powered by

My Blog

welcome to greengates blog

hi welcome to greengates blog please feel free to leave any comments or feed back re john or jim greengates instructors , thank you

25 Comments to welcome to greengates blog:

Comments RSS
Paula O'Neill on 30 November 2010 20:37
I passed my test 2 years ago( with Greengates school of motoring), i found learning with Greengates was a calm and happy experience, i was very happy with the reliable & supportive service and would highly recommend Greengates school of motoring to all.

john on 30 November 2010 22:40
thanks paula

Samantha Bishop on 22 February 2012 13:40
I passed my driving test today after around 5 months of lessons!!John was an absolutely fantastic instructor and was very easy to get along with. He always ensures the learner understands fully what they are doing and has great teaching methods. So i would just like to say a massive thank you to john for all your support and getting me through the test!!

Melanie Halliday on 25 January 2011 21:08
I passed my test today ( second attempt).After nearly 20 years of on and off lessons with various driving schools, I finally found an instructor who I was happy and confident with. A huge Thank You to John for all his patience and understanding

Melanie Halliday on 26 January 2011 13:22
I passed my test yesterday (2nd attempt)!!, this was after nearly 20 years of on/off lessons with various driving schools. I could never seem to find one I liked. This time last year I contacted Greengates and started my driving lessons with John. He is patient, understanding and supportive. Thank You John. If anyone is thinking of starting to drive, don't dither around pick up the phone and ask for John. JUST DO IT!!

LINDA CRAIG on 31 January 2011 19:31
today 31/1/2011 i passed my driving test just as john my driving instructor said i would, being 59 years old this was a daunting task made easy by my driving instructor john.nothing was made difficult i learnt everything along the way when he knew i was ready listened to my instructor as to when i was ready and went ahead and passed.john has a way of putting everything into place so you as a learner can understand why to do and how to do,but more to the point to drive safely. thankyou john

khakmana rasulhawiz on 24 February 2011 23:24
Thank u John I could not have passed my driving test with out your help and support. Because of you, I can drive on wonderful roads and enjoy my freedom.

julie fawbert on 21 March 2011 16:39
woohoo I passed lol I feel great about it only been learning 51 weeks. John is the most patient person I have come accross. I apologise to his wife for any extra gray hairs he has acquired. Only joking thank you so much John its been great.

Wanstead driving school on 17 July 2013 13:11
Sounds like John is a good instructor :)

craig foster on 28 March 2011 11:49
A big thank you to john,enjoyed the tutoring and friendly enviroment,passed test first time in a way sorry won't be taking anymore lessons,would recomened anyone to take lessons with greengates driving school wish everyone at greengates driving school all the best for the future thank you all again see you on the road

craig foster on 28 March 2011 12:38
a big thank you to john for the tuition and patience very friendly and reliable,passed my test today first time around bit sad in away cos i enjoyed me driving lessons but the open roads mine now.I wish everyone at greengates driving school all the best for the future,will be recomending you to anyone who asks me about driving lessons.once again big thank you to all

Aymen Rahal on 14 April 2011 13:07
WOW! what a fantastic driving school this is. I passed my theory test on Monday 11/04/11 and yesterday I passed my practical !!! 14/04/11 after only 4 hours driving practice with Naz. I could not have done it without his expert guidance. He went beyond the call of duty and spent more time with me until he was happy that I could pass. So happy I found Greengates Driving School; don't think I could have passed had it not been for him! THANK YOU SO MUCH Naz!

siaba on 11 June 2011 15:36
Passed my driving test, all thanks to John. A great instructor and very easy to understand. Best instructor I have ever had. my previous instructor was in it for the money and made everything more complicated then it had to be but with John everything was so easy to understand and remember. It took me just a few months with John to pass. Trust in what John teaches you and you definitely will pass. thanks a lot John:).

siaba on 11 June 2011 19:41
i passed my driving thanks to John. previous instructors were only in it for the money and never really taught me anything. but John helped me pass and i was only with him for a couple of months. John's a great instructor, easy to understand and the way he taught me I found it easy to remember. JUST LISTEN TO WHAT HE TEACHES YOU AND YOU WILL DEFINITELY PASS. thanks a lot John

Amy on 13 June 2011 10:14
I passed my test 3 years ago with Greengates school of motoring (First Time!!). I found it easy and enjoyable, the service was excellent and reliable. Thank you John!!!!!

David Whitaker on 06 July 2011 10:40
On the 11/04/11 I failed my test after 18 months of learning with an instructor , alot of the time taking two lessons a week . When I failed I asked my instructor for a lesson that week so that I could learn by mistakes and get straight on with it . My instructor refused saying thst he was too busy to fit me in and recommending that i don't go for another test for a while . I wasn't happy with this so I looked on the intranet and found Greengates and John . John took me through my test as my old instructor should have done .There was alot of work to do but John worked through each area with me patiently and systematicaly . I have then continued with him and passed my test yesterday, just under three months later . I can highly recommend John to anyone, his calm ,'' it's just driving approach'' really works . At 44 I found myself to be a very nervous driver and John really calms you down and gives you the strength to achieve. Although they may be that bit more expensive than other driving schools, if I had gone to them first I could have saved myself nearly £2,000!!! Thank you John for all your help and support.

Sam Kettlewell on 11 November 2011 08:03
I passed my test on tuesday with great shock.I never wanted to drive but thanks to my better half who booked me lessons with John I didn't have a choice.It was the best thing i've ever done.John is a fantastic instructor and has the patience of a saint.With his help and support I passed first time.Thanks alot John

Julie on 19 February 2012 14:13
After an injury to my right arm I thought I would be unable to drive anymore,my rehabilitation meant that I had not driven for approx 5 years.It would be extremely difficult for me to drive a manual so I decided to take lessons in an automatic vehicle. I can recommend John as an excellent instructor who in my case at least has required extreme patience.My confidence in my ability to handle a car has been completely restored to the point where I have now bought a new car. Thanks John!

Kirstie Bishop on 23 February 2012 17:51
I passed my driving test 3 years ago with John. He was a fantastic instructor and i passed with no minors!! Thanks for all the support and i would reccomend him to anyone!

Ros Matthew on 27 May 2012 20:45
Finally (after 10 years) started my driving lessons again with John. Had 2 great lessons & feel confident i can pass my driving test with John. Glad i read the reviews & comments on here and contacted him.

pretender cell phone stun gun on 21 September 2012 08:02
Good site! I really love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

understanding hedge funds on 09 October 2012 07:11
Your writing in every blog is so refreshing and compared to the most other writer you are mostly welcome from all side. Thanks dude and keep it up.

Ros Matthew on 08 November 2012 16:08
Passed my test today (2nd time) with john!!! Will never be able to thank John enough. The best instructor ever!!! Got me back driving after a ten year gap. What more can I say! DO NOT hesitate to ring john if you're thinking about learning to drive. You will not regret it!

Saiqa Khan on 08 April 2014 14:25
I passed my test a week ago on APRIL FOOLS DAY (01/04/2014) Just want to say huge thank you to John. The help and support given was absolutely excellent and really appreciated. John is one of the most patient and easy going driving instructors I have ever come across. His teaching methods are fab and easy to understand – if you don’t understand he’ll get out his book and draw you a diagram – I always found that helped! If anyone wants to take driving lessons on an automatic car, don’t hesitate to give John a ring. Will definitely recommend the driving school to others. Finally, just want to wish John and everyone else at Greengates Automatic Driving School the very best for the future.

Leanne ellis on 12 November 2015 18:30
I passed my test today with john... I really couldn't have done it without him!.... He explained everything in a way I would be able to understand easily ... Can't thank him enough... Just wish I'd had him teaching me years ago ..